This is hardly an original idea. I’ve been inspired by my friend Alan (whose blog is listed in the links on the side), and come up with a list of things I’d like to do before I turn 30 or die, whichever comes sooner (hopefully 30).
I’ll be adding to this list as things occur to me, so check back every now and then to see what I’ve decided to do. As I tick things off, they won’t be removed from the list; instead, I’ll try to be fancy and “strike through” the entry in the list, and turn it into a link to the blog entry which describes my experience.
Fly an aeroplane
- Fly in a glider
- Go to the Edinburgh Festival
- Go to Glastonbury
- Watch Forest play at Wembley (ok, so this one is out of my hands to a great extent)
Go to the Olympics (should be easy in 2012)
- Go to the Winter Olympics
- Watch the Red Bull Air Race in an exotic location (this should really be included under ‘Travel’ too)
- Complete one of the Scally Rallies (an idea shamelessly copied from Max, Dave, Adam and Alex last summer/2010)
- Visit Sweden (particularly Malmo and Ystad, home of Wallander)
- Actually, visit all of Scandinavia
- Visit Germany
- Visit Japan
- Visit Italy (particularly Rome, Florence, Tuscany, Pompeii and all the other famous places)
- Become fluent in another language (difficult to assess, but I’ll modify this when I’ve worked out a way of measuring my fluency)
Buy a house(and understand what the hell is going on) Get a new job/one that I would consider for a career
- Learn to fly (I don’t know if this should be under ‘Experiences’…)
- Build an aeroplane (assuming I achieve the above – a bit pointless otherwise). Failing this, and learning to fly, I could always….
Help restore an aeroplane (I’ve seen adverts for volunteers to restore and maintain a Catalina at Duxford, so this shouldn’t be too difficult to do… famous last words!)